Freedom Buses to Arizona
o 1st STOP - Friday, May 14th, Arrive in Midland/ Odessa, TX at 1:30 pm for lunch and rally for Immigration Reform at
La Margarita Restaurant/ contact is Trina
1301 South Grant Avenue, Odessa, TX 79761-6843 (432) 335-0848
Ruben Ramirez 432-208-8602 is the local contact.
o 2nd STOP - Friday, May 14th, Arrive in El Paso at 6:00 pm at the Holiday Inn Airport Hotel for Press Conference and Rally. Have dinner and spend the night there.
HOTEL – Holiday Inn Airport
6655 Gateway Blvd West El Paso, TX 79925 (915) 778-6411
Emma Hinojos (915) 479-2906
Contacts in El Paso are Ray Mancera 915-532-2444 and Ray Velarde 915-373-6003
o 3rd STOP - Friday, May 14, leave hotel at 7:30 am and arrive Kleim Park, located 155 N. Mesquite Street, Las Cruces, NM 88001 (Corner of Mesquite and Griggs) there we will rally and have breakfast. Local leaders and Bishop to join us.
The local contact is Pablo Martinez 575-527-2460
o 4th STOP - Arrive at 3:00 pm in Nogales, AZ for a peaceful Rally:
Rally and Border Shutdown: Friday - May 14, 2010 - 4:00PM - Nogales, AZ
Rally at Nasib Karam Park, corner of N. Morley Ave. and W. Park St. or press and event actions around 3 pm. The contact there is Daniel Romero with Border Action Network, 520-623-4944; cell 303-258-6444 and Robert Ramirez 520-271-6796
o FINAL STOP – Friday, May 14, arrive in Phoenix around 8:30 pm for press actions. Spend the night
HOTEL - Sheraton Hotel Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
5594 Wild Horse Pass Boulevard Chandler, AZ 85226
Dixie is the contact there 520-796-8276
o Saturday, May 15:
1) 10:00 am Protest at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, Sheriff Arpaio’s office is located in central downtown Phoenix (Intersection of Central Ave and Washington Ave ) on the sidewalk on the south side of the Wells Fargo Bank Building .
2) 1:00 pm the group will picket the Arizona State Capital Building located on 15th Avenue and Washington Ave in central Phoenix and announce a boycott against the Tostitos.
3) 2:30 pm - Picket at Arizona Governor’s home.
4) Finally at 7:30 pm a candle light vigil will be held at the Arizona State Capital.
ESTIMATED RETURN - Sunday, May 16th from Phoenix in the afternoon
Bus trip will be direct; we will have 2 drivers.
· Luggage: 1 small bag per person – please be sure to wear and bring comfortable clothes for trip and events
Main Contact: Domingo Garcia 214.912.6324